学习支持 is a school-wide service that provides academic support for all students, instructional support for teachers, and guidance and referral for parents. 像这样, we aim to teach independent learning skills that complement each student’s specific learning needs. Services are delivered in a variety of ways from one-on-one instruction and academic counseling, 组工作, and grade level programming. If a student has a documented disability, the 学习专业 (LS) will review needs and work with his/her family and teachers to implement appropriate academic accommodations and instructional strategies.
学习支持 supports students skill sets
- staying focused and engaged
- accessing accommodations
- 学术焦虑 & 减压
Services for all students
- Middle School Study Skills Program: Study skills are taught to students in need of 组织al support in the Middle School. These courses are held during Middle School Study Halls throughout the year. Students are referred to the program by either their teacher or the LS.
- Upper School Workshops: Several teachers will offer content workshops during their free blocks to provide students in the Upper School with additional content area support. For more information regarding these workshops, please contact 学习支持.
- 同侪教导 is a peer to peer tutoring program. This is a great option for students looking to build academic confidence and get some extra practice when they are just a little bit behind and need a boost from a peer at least two grades older.
- Professional Tutoring or Academic Coaching: 学习支持 can refer students and families to a paid tutor or academic coach for those students with specific learning needs or academic deficits. If you would like to discuss tutoring options appropriate for your child, please contact 学习支持 for further information.
- Grade Level Programming: General learning support is offered to all students throughout the year in different settings such as homeroom visits, 新生研讨课, and student workshops and seminars. Programming is grade specific depending on the academic and developmental needs of a particular grade.
Services for students with a documented disability
- 504年计划: Students diagnosed with a disability (learning or medical) may be eligible to receive academic accommodations. The LS will determine appropriate accommodations based on suggestions from current assessment reports, performance data and teacher observations. 504 Plans are shared with teachers at the beginning of each school year and revised annually in collaboration with parent and teacher input. The LS refers students and families to outside specialists who can formally evaluate the learning strengths/needs of each child.
- Accommodations for standardized testing (SAT, ACT, PSAT, PLAN): Families who may want accommodations for tests in grades 10-12 should notify the LS during their 10th grade year to ensure appropriate documentation is on file. To begin the process please contact Overlake’s 学习专业
- 家长会: Parent or family meetings with the 学习专业 are scheduled upon request.